Charter for Establishment of District Council 17
The General Executive Board of the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades issued a Charter for the establishment of District Council 17 effective July 1, 2015.
The jurisdiction of District Council 17 includes Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, the District of MacKenzie, NWT and Nunavut and is comprised of Local Unions 177, 739 and 1960.
John Sedor (previously Business Manager of Local 739) was appointed as Business Manager/Secretary-Treasurer of District Council 17 effective July 1, 2015.
We strive to provide a better quality of life for our members, to work with our contractors to secure a safe workplace and ensure fair wages and benefits for all workers. We also provide training and education to our members which allows us to supply a highly-skilled, knowledgeable and safety-conscious workforce.
IUPAT District Council 17
168 Higgins Avenue
Phone: (204) 943-2497 Fax: (204) 942-6872
Council Delegates (*denotes Executive Board Member)
- Business Manager/Secretary-Treasurer* – John Sedor (Local 739)
- President* – Jason Villain (Local 177)
- Vice President* – Greg Ginter (Local 739)
- Trustee Chairperson* – Rodrigo L. Gutierrez (Local 177)
- Trustee – Josh Brewer (Local 739)
- Trustee – Dave Daily (Local 739)
- Local 177 Delegate* - Mike Iftody
- Local 739 Delegate* - Mike Richels
- Local 177 Delegate – Dave West
- Local 177 Delegate – Jorge Flores
- Local 739 Delegate – Jeremy Brewer